Top 10 Cities for Auto Thefts
Car Theft on the Rise Due to Pandemic-Caused Economic Downturn
Auto thefts are on the rise in the United States with the economic downturn resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic as one of the major factors.
A preliminary analysis conducted by the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) shows that vehicular theft rose sharply in 2020, reversing two years of auto theft declines. According to the study, a total of 873,080 vehicles were stolen in 2020. That’s a 9.2% increase compared to the number of vehicle thefts recorded in the previous year.
Some locations in the country are more prone to vehicle-related crime compared to others, according to another study. It further reveals that there is no relationship between the size of a city and its crime rate. To determine the crime ranking of a city, the study based a city’s crime rate on “per capita” (per head/per person) and not on the overall population.
With data gathered from the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) Uniform Crime Report as well as the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey for the analysis, an online source has listed the top 10 cities in America for car theft per every 100,000 residents. Here is the list:
#1 – Albuquerque, NM
- Car theft rate: 1,181 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 6,616
- 3-year change in car theft rate: 7%
#2 – Oakland, CA
- Car theft rate: 1,179 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 5,071
- 3-year change in car theft rate: -20.6%
#3- Portland, OR
- Car theft rate: 1,055 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 6,932
- 3-year change in car theft rate: Not available
#4 – San Bernardino, CA
- Car theft rate: 1,006 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 2,194
- 3-year change in car theft rate: -27.3%
#5 – Anchorage, AK
- Car theft rate: 967 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 2,823
- 3-year change in car theft rate: 6%
#6 – Detroit, MI
- Car theft rate: 961 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 6,454
- 3-year change in car theft rate: 7%
#7 – St. Louis, MO
- Car theft rate: 896 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 2,750
- 3-year change in car theft rate: -12.6%
#8 – Springfield, MO
- Car theft rate: 872 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 1,470
- 3-year change in car theft rate: 4%
#9 – Tacoma, WA
- Car theft rate: 870 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 1,877
- 3-year change in car theft rate: -7.1%
#10 – Hayward, CA
- Car theft rate: 845 per 100k
- Total number of car thefts: 1,376
- 3-year change in car theft rate: -0.9%
Reach Out to Kids Robbed of Their Childhood
When your car is stolen, you can always get a new one. However, when a boy or girl is robbed of their childhood because of a chronic disease or crippling disability, that’s something they can’t ever get back.
This is the case for some kids in your local area. The worry-free life of being a child is taken away from them by their affliction. Worse, some of these youngsters are unable to get proper treatment simply because their financially struggling parents can’t afford it
You can do something easy to help these kids. All you have to do is donate any type of vehicle you no longer need to us at Kids Car Donations.
When you donate a vehicle to us, you’ll be turning it into a powerful fund-generating tool for reputable nonprofit organizations that serve our nation’s children who suffer from serious health conditions.
We’ll place your auto donation up for auction, with all of the proceeds going straight to our nonprofit partners. They will then use the funding to deliver comprehensive and quality medical assistance, including treatment, emotional support, and relief of pain and trauma to their young beneficiaries. These nonprofits will also be providing them with access to free social service and educational resources.
Within 30 days after the sale of your donated vehicle, we’ll mail you its 100% tax-deductible sales receipt. With this document, you can claim the maximum tax deduction in the next tax-filing season.
Additionally, we’ll be the ones to haul your vehicle away at a date, time, and place of your preference, and this won’t cost you anything. We offer free towing to our donors in all parts of the United States.
Above all, you’ll have the ultimate pleasure and satisfaction of doing something extraordinary that can help save the life of a child.
We’re open to pretty much all types of vehicles. Aside from cars, we also accept trucks, motorbikes, RVs, boats, farm equipment, and many more. You can even donate vehicles that are no longer running.
If you have any questions, write to us here or give us a call at 866-634-8395. You might also want to check out our FAQs page to learn more about our vehicle donation program.
Show Your Support for Suffering Kids Today
If you care for the hurting kids in your community, this is an opportunity for you to show your support for their treatment. All it takes is a simple auto donation. Call Kids Car Donations at 866-634-8395 or fill out our online donation form now!